(University of Sydney 1991, MACVS Small Animal Surgery Chapter 1998)
John grew up just around the corner in Brighton and has been working with Moorabbin Veterinary Hospital for over ten years. John has extensive experience in surgery and ultrasonography and a particular soft spot for cats and dogs.
“The best thing is seeing them go home wagging their tail while their owners smile from ear to ear” ~ Dr John Ley
John is an active member of the local community, leading the local Scout group with his boys and walking the sunny streets with his wife, little girl and dogs Cookie and Henry (two Brittany Spaniels who are absolutely besotted with each other). John is a footy fanatic and loves surfing and the beach almost as much as his four-legged friends.
John is a partner at the Moorabbin Veterinary Hospital.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, 1990
- Member (by examination) of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists, Surgery Chapter, 1998
- Australian Government Accredited Veterinarian (AAV) for the export of companion animals, 2002
- Academic Associate of the University of Melbourne, 2002
- Postgraduate studies in Ultrasonography, University of Sydney, 2013
- Member of the Australian Veterinary Association since 1991
- Member of the Australian Small Animal Veterinary Association since 1995