(University of Sydney 1991, MANZCVS Small Animal Surgery Chapter 1998)
John grew up just around the corner in Brighton and has been working with Moorabbin Veterinary Hospital since 2005. John has extensive experience in surgery and ultrasonography and a particular soft spot for cats and dogs. His particular interest lies in cruciate surgery in dogs.
“The best thing is seeing them go home wagging their tail while their owners smile from ear to ear” ~ Dr John Ley
John enjoys walking the sunny streets with his lovely wife and family, along with Cookie (a Brittany Spaniel). John is a Magpie footie fanatic and loves his tennis, surfing, bird watching, and bay swims with his brothers and sisters, almost as much as his four-legged friends. His house is ruled by Dora the cat (of course).
John is a partner at the Moorabbin Veterinary Hospital.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, 1990
- Member (by examination) of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists, Surgery Chapter, 1998
- Australian Government Accredited Veterinarian (AAV) for the export of companion animals, 2002
- Academic Associate of the University of Melbourne, 2002
- Postgraduate studies in Feline Medicine, University of Sydney, 2003
- Postgraduate studies in Ultrasonography, University of Sydney, 2013
- TTA studies 2014
- TPLO studies 2022
- Member of the Australian Veterinary Association since 1991
- Member of the Australian Small Animal Veterinary Association since 1995
- Centre for Veterinary Education, Sydney 2022