At Moorabbin Veterinary Hospital, we aim to provide a calm, stress-free visit for you and your feline friend. We adopt cat friendly handling techniques, with several of our staff accredited in stress-free handling, ensuring your pet feels calm and relaxed throughout their visit with us.
Feliway diffusers (calming pheromones) are also used throughout our vet hospital to create a sense of security and calmness for your cat during their visit. If your cat finds a visit to the vet particularly stressful, please reach out to us so we can help adopt a plan that will make their examination less challenging.
During your appointment, our knowledgeable vets will implement a wellness and vaccination care plan to match your cat’s specific needs depending on their life stage and health. We aim to empower owners with up-to-date information on how to keep their pets healthy, prevent avoidable diseases/conditions and pick up on the sometimes-subtle signs that your cat needs veterinary attention. We also encourage you to ask any questions you may have about your cat’s care during the appointment.
Your cats are in safe hands at Moorabbin Veterinary Hospital. Our team of veterinarians have extensive experience in working with cats, with many having completed further studies in feline or small animal medicine.
- Dr John Ley and Dr Aoibheann Clarke have completed postgraduate studies in Feline medicine.
- Dr Sarah Park, Dr Jenny Wilsher and Dr Yoke Tan are members (by examination) of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists, Small Animal Medicine Chapter.
- Dr Jenibelle Wang is currently completing postgraduate studies in Small Animal Internal Medicine.
- Dr Brooke Wheeler has several years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
- Dr Angel Chu and Dr Kelene Phoa have completed further studies in Behavioural Medicine and run behavioural consultations for both cats and dogs.