Our pets are living longer than ever and with proper health care we can make sure they are not suffering in silence from debilitating disease. If your pet does fall sick, treating disease earlier means less pain for the animal and less cost for you. For this reason we recommend annual health checks for your pet.
Book an Appointment
To book your cat or dog’s health check appointment, call us or use the booking widget below to schedule in your appointment with Moorabbin Veterinary Hospital.
Tailored to your pet
Each health check is specifically tailored to suit the age and breed of the animal. Our pets, like us, have a higher likelihood of certain illnesses at different ages. The proper tests can monitor for early onset of diabetes, kidney disease, thyroid hyperactivity, urinary tract infection, worm infestation, heart problems, cancer and arthritis.
Annual health checks may address:
- Behaviour: excess barking, toilet accidents, or changes in temperament
- Blood tests
- Breathing: coughing, shortness of breath, sneezing or nasal discharge
- Coat and Skin: hair loss, pigment changes, lumps, itchy spots, shedding, matting or anal sac problems
- Dental health: home care routine and any mouth odours or pain
- Ears and Eyes: any discharge, redness or itching
- Exercise: how much, what kind and any change in physical ability
- Feet and Legs: limping, weakness, toenail problems
- Nutrition: what your pet eats, how often, what supplements and treats are given, and changes in water consumption, weight or appetite
- Parasite control: fleas, ticks, mites and heartworms
- Stomach and Intestines: vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, gas, belching or abnormal stools
- Urogenital: discharges, heats, changes in mammary glands or urination difficulties
- Vaccination status